Ohh herbs. So many plants with so many different healing properties. I loved that I was successful in growing herbs in my garden this year. There is nothing like picking fresh herbs and using them while cooking. One thing that I do over the summer is dry my herbs in order to use them throughout the fall and winter months. I want to share how easy it is to dry herbs with you today!
Here are the steps to drying herbs…
- Cut off a section of leaves.
- Rinse off any dirt and dry off.
- Pick leaves off of stem and place onto dehydrator.
- Dehydrate under 100 degrees F for 24 hours, or until crispy and dry.
- If using for tea crush leaves between fingers, otherwise you can just save the whole leaf.
- Place into air tight container and store in a cool dry place.
- Enjoy your herbs throughout the year!