During my time on the SCD diet I have added a supplemental protein shake that my doctor recommend to me for breakfast. I wanted to mix it with something besides water, but couldn’t find any milk that didn’t have added fillers and thickeners! Guar gum which is used in most nut milks have been know to be troublesome for people with inflammatory bowel . I headed out on a quest to find a quick any easy milk I could use that was safe for my stomach! This hemp milk is quick and simple to make!
- Vita Mix or blender
- Nut Milk Bag
- bowl to hold milk
- 2 cups Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 8 cups water
- Pour 2 cups of hemp seeds into blender
- Add 8 cups filtered water to blender
- Start on low and move speed up to med/high for 2 minutes
- Cover bowl with milk bag and pour in mixture to separate milk and hemp seeds
- Pour milk into containers
*If you can tolerate vanilla or honey, these ingredients can be added to the milk*
You should use your milk within a week. I have frozen milk before and it stayed good for 2 weeks.