I have to say that ever since I started on this new journey of eating animal products, I have missed my vegan entrees quite a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I am so thankful that their are famers who feed animals their ancestral diet, rather than a diet of corn and grains. I have grown to even like some forms of meat, which is a big step for me. I decided to experiment with vegan cooking to give myself a break from the normal meat containing meals. These burgers can serve as a main dish, or even as an easy snack that you can take on the go!
Vegan Walnut Burger Recipe
1 cup walnuts (properly soaked and roasted for increased digestibility)
1/4 cup hemp seeds
3 TBSP coconut flour
2 TBSP chia seed (mixed with 3 TBSP water)
1 chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley and cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
*If you want to add a little spice to burgers, add red pepper flakes*
* Preheat oven to 300F*
1. Place chia seeds in water and mix. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Put walnuts and hemp seeds into vita mix and blend until flour like substance forms.
3. Take flour out and place into medium size bowel. Add coconut flour, chia seeds, pepper, parley, cilantro, salt and pepper.
4. Mix together until fully incorporated.
5. Form into patties and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Place burgers in oven and bake for 60 minutes.