Well, after three weeks of starting my new job I get a spring break. SCORE! I’ll be spending the week getting ridiculous amounts of sleep and baking, of course ;).
This morning I went over to Aaron’s to get my biking on. He was at work so I used his room to watch The Biggest Loser and spin.
Afterwards, I had an extra green smoothie. I need all of those healthy vitamins and minerals to help me get rid of my cold!
Then, I set out to do the impossible.. I finally made a cookie that is both vegan, gluten-free, AND stays together!!! However, after I made the cookies, the one thing I could NOT figure out was if it tasted good. I’ve had a cold for about a week now and can’t taste anything.. AT ALL. Sooo, I decided to bring in the ultimate taste tester in…The Fiancé.. This man is not shy to tell me when I make things that taste bad. He is a hard critic especially if the treats are vegan or gluten-free. He is the biggest animal eater I know.. When I bring in cookies without butter or eggs they have to be amazing for him so say, “eh, not bad”. So when he responded with, “these things are pretty good,” and then continued to eat four of them.. I knew that I would be making these cookies on a weekly basis.
I think we might need to register for a new baking sheet..What do you think?? 😉
The Recipe (20 cookies):
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup cocoanut oil
1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 tbsp water (flax egg)
2 tbsp almond milk
1 ripe Banana
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chip (add more if you like them extra chocolatly! )
Pre heat the over to 375 F
1. Sift together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt into a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl whisk together flax-seed, water and almond milk and let sit for five minutes. Next, add sugar, oil, vanilla, smashed banana, and whisk until combined.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
4. Add the chocolate chips 1/4 cup at a time.
5. Place a dough by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie pan. Bake for 10-14 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to fully cool.
Let me know what you think!
Questions for my readers:
What would you do with a week off from work?
Would you rather work out in the morning or afternoon?
I am a morning person all the way!
What is your favorite type of cookie?
Double chocolate chip!! I LOOOOVE chocolate